Dufour Yachts UK Main Dealer
SWUK Marine are proud to be a Dufour Yachts UK Main Dealer, covering the South West and Mediterranean. We can offer a complete range of services and aim to provide the perfect experience whilst purchasing a Dufour Yacht, including a guided tour experience around the shipyard in La Rochelle.
Dufour have been perfecting their range since 1964 and has established a reputation as a leading company in their field. Offering a luxury range of sailing yachts between 31 and 63 feet, an eye-catching modern design, sleek deck layout and superior quality finishes. Known for their ease of sailing, stability, and among the fastest in their class on the water.
Out on the ocean lies a world of sensation.
Setting sail with Dufour is an adventure in superior sailing. Its a guarantee of uncompromising seaworthy excellence that never stints on comfort levels. Its a dedication to exhilarating performance that’s easy to achieve through highly responsive intuitive design. And it’s a promise of good value that doesn’t compromise on durability. By finely balancing these elements, Dufour assures you of a sailing experience that delivers pure, unadulterated sensation.
Now’s the time to embrace the moment. The ocean is out there waiting. Are you ready to connect.
One of the major sailboat manufacturers worldwide.
Established more than 50 years ago on the Atlantic coats, Dufour plays an important role in the region and is one of La Rochelle’s main employers.
In 1957 engineer, Michel Dufour discovered the material polyester. At the time, he was a keen competition sailor with a real passion for yachts, class rules and hydrodynamics. This sparked his idea to make a yacht made of polyester in 1964. The rest is history.
100% made in France, all models are thought of, designed and produced in La Rochelle, in the company headquarters. With near 400 yachts produced each year. Dufour Yachts manages it’s whole production line, from planning through to the end product.
Dufour GL 310 Stock Yacht
The Dufour 310. The small big boat. Because sailing is not restricted to an elite bunch of enthusiasts. Because a sailboat can be easy and intuitive to manouvere. Because a small sailboat can bring you thrills. This particular Dufour 310 is due for delivery April 2020 here at Brixham Marina. Register your interest and contact us for more information!
Dufour GL 382 Demonstration Yacht
We have a Dufour 382 that is available for viewing in Brixham or sea trail in Torbay by appointment. Fitted with a unique spec to view what a Dufour Yacht can offer you. For information on the spec of this yacht or to book a test sail/ viewing be sure to contact us!
Whilst the yachts have been evolved around the concept of simple, easy sailing you can fully customise your Dufour to enhance her performance with features such as over lapping headsails, German mainsheet systems, code zero’s and asymmetric down wind sails.
There is a wide selection of layout and furnishing options, allowing you to not only choose your sailing performance on deck but have flexibility down below as well.
- Integrated self tacking jibs for effortless upwind sailing
- Winches located close to the helm for easy control of the sails
- Low height gooseneck to make handling and stowing the mainsail simple
- Fixed dolphin bows to offer easy launching of a code zero and better handling of the anchor
- Stack packs to stow the mainsail easily and neatly
- Twin helms for great visibility
- Shroud attachments placed inboard for safe manoeuvring around the deck and ideal genoa sheeting
- Flexible options to locate chart plotter and instrument displays around the cockpit for easy reference.
- Fast, balanced & stable hull shape with distinct chines to reduce heel
- Increased sail area with high aspect rig design and fully battened mainsails and angled boom
- Intelligent design of the keel and rudder appendages to balance the sail plan
- Wide hulls at the transom
- Balanced rudders that grip well even in rough conditions
- L Shaped torpedo bulbs creating improved righting moment with reduced drag
- Option for overlapping headsails with deck tracks and adjustable cars
- Easily launched downwind sails from fixed & extendable bowsprits
- Up gradable sail packages
- Rigid hulls to maintain the designed hull shape under extreme loads
- Hull made up of PVC foam between laminated layers, better noise insulation, increased rigidity and no absorption of humidity
- Self aligning rudder bearings
- Stainless rudder blade and shaft encased in epoxy foam
- One piece injection moulded decks, improved head room, significant structural weight / performance ratio.
- Extensive use of solid wood finish around the boat crafted by passionate and experienced craftsmen
- High quality furnishings and fittings
- Extensive quality control checks at each stage of the build process
- Modular interiors that allow flexible living onboard and easy adjustment of the interior to suit the moment
- Numerous cabin layout options to choose from
- Large double opening doors to allow open living, additional light and improved ventilation (Dufour 310,350,382)
- Maximum natural light offered through large deck windows in the saloon and aft cabins
- Plentiful storage
- Solid wood finishes to create a warm interior
- Two choices of interior finishes Oak & Moabi
- Well equipped galley areas with high capacity fridges
- Dedicated wine cellar
- Full width opening transom with cockpit showers
- Fold away helm seats (Dufour 310, D350, D382)
- Cockpit grill / cooking area (D412 / D460 / D512 / D560)
- Bench seats in cockpit lift to create sun bed (D412/ D460 / D512 / D560)
- Increased ventilation below decks
- Fully equipped galley with large refrigerators
- Generous natural light around the boat
- Adjustable height chart tables to create additional seating areas when not in use
- Spacious and ergonomic cockpits